Duplicate Matching Criteria
EasyREimport uses a Raiser’s Edge export to find any possible duplicate constituent records in any database import. The matching criteria is below:
The file you want to import will be matched against your Raiser’s Export in the following order:
- Constituent ID
- Up to six phones or emails
- A key based on Last Name, First Name and the first 8 characters of the address line.
Advanced Duplicate Processing Tips
Advanced use of the Constituent ID
The first matching criteria used to keep duplicates being added to your Raiser’s Edge or NXT data is the Constitunt ID. The incoming file you are processing is compared to a Raiser’s Edge Export file of matching criteria. EasyREimport always matches records based on the Constituent ID first then continues matching!
A new feature: If you are certain no duplicates exist or if you are creating a brand new database a Raiser’s Edge Export is not required.
A column in your data file for constituent id is not required. However if you add a column for Constituent ID or link a column containing a Constituent ID there are some benefits. The file you are importing will be pre-matched with any existing constituents already in your database.
Examples where a constituent id is useful
- Some clients found this helpful for board members and/or major donors who may show up in excel spreadsheets that are being imported. Since we are generally creating a constituent and gift import this allows the gift to be imported to the correct record without creating a duplicate constituent.
- If you receive an excel file of event, or other third party, donations and you see a few donors you recognize, you can pre-match them adding their constituent id’s. It’s common to have many external lists in a development or advancement office that already have a constituent id, why not use EasyREimport to consolidate these lists into the Raiser’s Edge / NXT without adding any duplicate records?
- Remember that your original source file will be returned with a column of import id’s. Once you import those records into your database you can create another export file and process your original data file through EasyREimport again. The benefit in running the EasyREimport process again is it will add the newly created constituent id’s added NXT / Raiser’s Edge in your format during the import. When that is complete you will have your original import file with two additional columns added: 1. Constituent ID 2. Import ID
For a link to more sample uses check out the Sample Uses tab!